It was the GMC Athletic Stadium, Bambolim. It was going to be an exciting game between the two West side blues. India’s Captain cool, Captain fantastic, Greatest Of All Time, Sunil Chhetri was hoping to score. Not just any goal, but the goal which would make him the highest goal scorer in ISL with 48 goals. Sadly he didn’t have the fortune on doing so in this game.
- MCFC had their regular 4231
- BFC used a 4-3-3
- Alan Costa had a handball in 9th minute, and Angulo didn’t fail from the 11 metre spot.
- Bengaluru FC pressed very very aggressively, almost with semblances of Liverpool.
- Mumbai City committed a foul at the 20th minute, Cleiton Silva scores a worldie freekick!
- Vikram Pratap Singh started again and proved his Rs 1.04 Crore tagline.
- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu phenomenally saved a Mumbai Freekick header hit by own player which could’ve gone in.
- It was the 44th It was a foul by MCFC in their box. Sunil Chhetri stepped up but Nawaz saved it. It was bittersweet as Mumbai was saved, but Captain Cool could’ve been ISL tops corer of all time with 48. Currently he has 47.
- Half Time- VP Singh subbed out for Raynier. And Raynier started on left with Bipin on right for a change.
- Kuruniyan was speed demon.
- Apuia was being fouled as he’s annoying to take the ball from.
- Jahouh took a freekick from one of such freekicks, and from near the half line. Captain Fall, a humongous 191 cm, jumped and headed the ball in. It was his 15th goal, all 15 headers in 66 games. Jahouh had 3 assists all freekicks by this time.
- Chhetri in last 2 seasons 3 penalties missed, prior to that NO MISSED PENS. But he wasn’t lazy as he was the runner with top speed.
- All goals till now were from set pieces.
- 62’ Cassio à
- Raynier became CAM, Ygor became RW.
- Mumbai dominated the whole game, and it paid off again.
- Raynier passed to Mandar Rao Dessai, who passed it to Angulo who headed the ball onto the post. It got deflected but Ygor was at the right place at the right time.
Mumbai City FC seem like frontrunners for the title with that gameplay, while Bengaluru seem to be even deeper in the pit.
By Omkar Barve