Some unknown facts and stats in cricket:
1. Ravichandran Ashwin is the only bowler to have dismissed all opposition players in a test series. Ashwin achieved this special landmark in the home Series against Australia in 2013 , and this was the first and only time that a bowler achieved this amazing feat. During the series, Australia had used 16 players in 4 test matches and Ashwin had dismissed all of them once or more.
2. Shadab Kabir of Pakistan scored a duck in all the three ODIs he played in his entire career. The interesting thing is that he also got Man of the match on his debut match. It was on September 1, 1996 where the entire Pakistan team was awarded Man of the Match against England for their collective performance.
3. Virender Sehwag is the only batsman in the history of IPL whose strike rate never dropped down below 150 in his entire IPL career.
4. Australia is the only side to have more wins than defeats in away test matches.
5. Anil Kumble, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly have played 65 tests together. It is the most Tests played by a combination of 5 players for a team. Gordon Greenidge, Viv Richards, Desmond Haynes, Jeffery Dujon and Malcolm Marshall are on the second spot with 58 Tests.
6. From 1959 to 1968, India was winless in 43 Test matches and that includes 17 losses. India were whitewashed in four away series on the trot in that period.
7. Anil Kumble with 288 wickets holds the record of most test wickets in winning cause for the Indian team. Ravichandran Ashwin with 260 wickets is on the Second spot.
8. Mahela Jayawardene is the only batsman to have scored centuries in both the semi final and final of a World Cup. He scored century in 2007 World Cup semi-final against New Zealand and in 2011 World Cup final against India.
9. Alok Kapali, of Bangladesh is the only No. 6 batsman to have come out to bat in the first over of a world cup match. The match was played against Sri Lanka in Pietermaritzburg in 2003, Chaminda Vaas took a hat-trick with the first three balls of the match. The next ball was hit for a boundary after which a wide was bowled. On the fifth ball Sanwar Hossain was out lbw and Bangladesh were 5 for 4 and then comes Alok Kapali, the number 6 batsman to face the last ball of Vaas’s first over of the match.
10. Craig McDermott and Nuwan Kulasekara are the only two bowlers to bowl last bowl of one world Cup and first bowl of next World Cup. Craig McDermott bowled last ball of 1987 World Cup and first ball of 1992 World Cup while Nuwan Kulasekara bowled last ball of 2011 World Cup and first ball of 2015 world cup.
By Paramdeep Rathee