SPORTSNASHA WEEKEND SPECIAL
Some unknown stats of cricket:
1. Alok kapali of Bangladesh has a test hat-trick to his name but only has 6 test wickets. It is the fewest total Test wickets of any player who recorded a hat-trick.
2. Neetu David of India holds the record of best bowling analysis in women test cricket. She returned with the figures of 8/53 in the second innings of the test match against England in 1995.
3. Sachin Tendulkar is the youngest Indian to take a 4-wicket haul in ODI cricket. Sachin’s age at that time was 18 years and 181 days. The match was played against West Indies during the Wills trophy where Sachin returned with the figures of 4/34. He is also the only bowler to have defended 6 runs or less twice in the last over of an ODI twice. One more fact about Sachin the bowler is that he has dismissed Inzamam-ul-haq 8 times in international cricket but has not dismissed any other batsman more than 4 times.
4.In the history of Test cricket no cricketer has ever hit a six off the first ball of a Test match until Chris Gayle achieved this feat against Bangladesh in 2012 off debutant off spinner Sohag Gazi.
5. Alec Stewart was a former English captain and cricketer was born on 8-4-63 and scored 8463 Test runs.
6. Did you know….Alistair Cook scored 294 Runs in 2011 Michael Clarke scored 329 Runs in 2012 Brendon McCullum scored 302 Runs in 2014These are the three top scores against India in the 21st century. And they have just one thing in common. They were all dropped by Ishant Sharma early in their innings before going on to score big. POOR ISHANT….
7. In Second Longest Test MatchEnglish Batsman Andy Sandham became first ever batsman in history of test match to score a triple century.On the second day of fourth and final test at kingston Sandham broke R.E.Foster’s record of 287 and was dismissed for 325In the 2nd inns, he also made a 50.375 runs in the match and yet he never played a Test again!
8.Anil Kumble has the most wickets through LBW in Test matches. Kumble has taken 156 wickets through LBW in Test matches which is 25.2% of his total test wickets(619).
9. Kapil dev has most wickets in India – Pakistan test matches. Kapil has 99 wickets in 29 matches
10. Glenn MCGRATH is the only player to take a wicket in the last ball of his career in every format (all players are from England)* Test cricket-Jimmy Anderson* ODI cricket-Paul Nixon(former English wicketkeeper)* T20I cricket-Paul Collingwood
By Paramdeep Rathee