2019 was a eventful year for world cricket. A year where new forms of cricket like T10 cricket became popular. Every year has its cricketing moments which every fan remembers forever. These moments are always cherished by every cricket fan. 2019 produced some great cricketing moments . Special performances by various players made it a special year for cricket fans all around the globe.
Let us take a look at the top cricketing moments in 2019.
5) Malinga’s four wickets in four balls: Sri Lanka was up against the kiwi team on 7 September in a T20 sereis. While defending a low total of 125 , Malinga produced one of the finest spells this year. He exploited the conditions very well and the assist for swing in the wicket helped him showcase his talent.
Malinga bowled Colin Munro of the third ball in second over and then he took 4 wickets in 4 balls. He then trapped Hamish Rutherford LBW. Colin De Grandhomme was the next batsman to go back to pavillion as he was bowled by a brilliant yorker. In his next over he bowled another yorker which is a trademark delivery and caught Taylor on front foot for LBW. In this spell he also became first player to take 100 wickets in T20.
4) A great comeback by Aussie skipper: A little over a year ago, with the ball-tampering scandal, image of Australian cricket was severely tarnished. With a emotional press conference, Smith apologised for the Australian conspiracy in the test match. Smith made a comback this year in the ashes in a stunning way. Australian skipper scored two centuries in the sereis and registered his return to world cricket in minds of cricket fans. A more determined , temperamental Steve smith was playing on the field. A great comeback by Aussie skipper was one of the cricketing moment to remember this year for sure.
3) A scinitillating knock by Ben Stokes: In the ashes series England was trailing by scoreline of 0-1. In the third Test match Australia was on verge of taking the lead in the series but Ben Stokes turned the game on his head. Ben Stokes stood on the crease like a warrior fighting every attack with courage. Stokes played a innings of his lifetime. In headingley when nine wickets were down and Jack Leach strode down the ground the difference between victory and English team was of 73 runs.
Ben Stokes with his heroics was a one man army and he played a innings combined of aggression and patience. It was the most entertaining and inspiring innings of the decade.
2) Indian team won test series in Australia: Indian team is on fire in last couple of years in test cricket. A superb bowling has provided clinical performances which is a key element in victory. India is at the top of the points table in ICC test championship.
It was the determination which paved the way for victory for the men in blue.Virat Kohli became the first asian captain to win a series down under. In a historic test series India beat the aussies 2-1.
1) A immortal final: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 was a treat for cricket admirers all around the globe. A excellent quality of cricket was played in several matches of the edition. England ultimately won the decorated trophy but the victory came in an unusual way.
Final turned out to be even more dramatic than a thriller. A super final with tie, super over and the rule of boundary count made the final very exciting. The match will be forever be remembered as one of the greatest games in world cup history. New Zealand was up against England but at the same time they were struggling with luck. The match was tied and super over was also tied but controversial boundary count rule declared England as winners. Inspite of this defeat in a controversial way Kane Williamson accepted the defeat with a shining smile.