DISA, SOLOMON, and PURNAPATRE got gold medal
Recently West Zone Central Revenue Badminton matches were held at Sama Sports complex, Vadodara (Gujrath), Maharashtra, Goa, and Gujrath central revenue players participated in above matches.
Nigel Disa of Mumbai customs beats Rupinder Singh of Income Tax Pune 21-12, 21-17. Benhur Solomon of GST Mumbai beats Suresh Sonavane of GST Pune in 40+ single 16-21, 21-19, & 5-0 (retired) Milind Purnapatreof income tax Mumbai beats Sunil Wankhedekar of GST Pune 21-12, 21-12. Mumbai players got 3 gold medal in singles events.
All gold medalist players are selected to represent West Zone in all India Central Revenue Badminton meets which will be held at Bangalore between 5th to 7th March 2018.
Other results as under:
1) Women’s single: Shruti Mundada Income Tax Pune beats Kanchi Gupta GST Mumbai 21-7, 21-8.
2) Women’s Doubles: Shruti Mundada & Neha Pandit Income Tax Pune beats Kanchi Gupta & Bhanupriya GST Mumbai 21-10, 21-4.
3) Men’s Doubles: Ankush Joshi & Prabhat Kumar Income Tax Surat beats Rupinder Singh & Shripad Tagare Income Tax Pune 21-13, 21-13.
4) Men’s Doubles (40+): Shripad Tagare & Nagesh Plakar Income Tax Pune beat Savio Lam & Y. K. Arora Mumbai customs 21-7, 21-12.
5) Men’s Doubles(50+): Y. K. Arora & V. S. Teotia Mumbai customs w|o. 6) Mixed Doubles: Neha Pandit & Rupinder Singh Income Tax Pune beats Ankush Joshi & Yesha Solanki Income Tax Surat 21-7, 21-8.